October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month
Since 1981, October has been recognized as National Domestic Violence Awareness Month.
We come together to recognize those that have been impacted by Domestic Violence and Intimate Partner Violence (DV / IPV).
RESOLVE's October 2020 Initiatives
- Build awareness of DV / IPV.
- Highlight RESOLVE as a resource for DV / IPV services as well as community education and training.
- Help survivors safely seek life-changing therapy.
Domestic Violence / Intimate Partner Violence (DV / IPV)
- DV / IPV affects 1 in 3 people.
- Nearly 20 people per minute are physically abused by an intimate partner in the United States. This equates to more than 10 million individuals a year.
- Survivors include all races, gender identities, sexual orientation, age, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- RESOLVE applies a unique approach to eradicating DV / IPV by focusing on cutting edge therapy and community education.
- 90% of clients that complete our Survivor Transition Program (STP) do not return to their abuser nor do they enter another abusive relationship.
- We have provided services to nearly 4,000 DV / IPV survivors from Monroe and surrounding counties.
Join us in October to #UnmaskDomesticViolence
1. Become a RESOLVE Ambassador
- Encourage all employees to wear our masks
- Prominently display our message and handouts
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn and use hashtag #UnmaskDomesticViolence
- Designate RESOLVE as your Amazon Smile charity
- Support SCRATCH BAKESHOP: A portion of their October proceeds will be donated to RESOLVE
- Send your photos to RESOLVE and please use the following hashtag in your social media posts, #UnmaskDomesticViolence
List of businesses (in alpha order)
- A-List Salon
- Brother’s International
- Butler Till Media
- Canandaigua National Bank & Trust – Perinton Office
- City Blue Imaging
- Children’s Heart Center at URMC
- Chi Wah Organica
- Conolly Printing
- Consiliarium Group
- Cross Keys Internal Medicine
- Dress For Success Rochester
- Edward Jones
- Florence Muller Foundation
- Genesee Regional Bank
- Girls on the Run of Greater Rochester
- Graywood Companies
- Graywood Custom Homes
- Greater Rochester Chamber of Commerce
- Gold’s Gym
- Harris Beach
- Helendale Dermatology and Spa
- Home Depot
- IDE Honda
- Jasco Heat Treat
- JK Executive Strategies
- Journey Massage & Spa Services
- Kittelberger Florist
- Locals Only
- Lock 32 Brewing Company
- Lovin’ Cup
- M&T Bank – Perinton Branch
- Marshall Dental Care of Victor
- Misfit Donuts & Treats
- NeuroloQi Accupunture
- Nolan’s Party & Tent Rentals
- Novem Group
- Paw-Spring Grooming
- Penfield PourHouse
- Pittsford Pub
- Pontillo’s Pizzeria – Bushnell’s Basin
- Prevention and Outreach Services at SUNY Brockport
- Rochester Mutual Aid Network
- Rocky Greco’s Salon
- ROC SALT Center
- Sage Rutty
- Salty Boutique
- Scratch Bakeshop
- Selby Marketing
- Skip’s Meat Market
- Seven Story Brewing
- St. Joseph’s Neighborhood Center
- Truth Collective
- Turner Engineering
- TLF Graphics
- Tree of Hope Counseling
- U.S. Attorney’s Office
- Victor Chevrolet
- Vita Bella Organic Salon
- Waste Harmonics
- WROC Channel 8
2. Attend RESOLVE Professional Programs
FREE Virtual Workshop Series
Topic: Healthy and Safe Relationships – Reading the Signs
No registration needed – click here to join us on Zoom Webinar.
- This FREE virtual workshop series is an opportunity to offer training in a new, innovative and flexible method in order to provide critical services to survivors and community members during the Covid-19 crisis.
- Workshops will cover a variety of topics related to DV / IPV
- Will be on Zoom, the 3rd Monday of each month from 12-1 pm
- View OCT 19 FREE Recorded Session – Healthy & Safe Relationships | Reading the Signs
IPV Workshop for Mental Health Professionals
October 28th from 9 – 12:30pm
Register for Zoom link. Early bird special until October 13th!
- The purpose of our Workshop is to promote a greater awareness and understanding of IPV, its prevalence and intersectionality in behavioral and mental health, and empower providers to respond to IPV.
- Includes 6 Continuing Education Contact Hours/Professional Education Hours for LMSW, LCSW, and LMHC.
- RESOLVE and Tree of Hope Counseling, PLLC have partnered to provide this two-part virtual workshop in lieu of our traditional in-person training
3. Donate to RESOLVE
- Consider a donation to RESOLVE
- Donate items from RESOLVE’s Wishlist
- Designate RESOLVE as your Amazon Smile charity of choice
- On December 1st, please choose RESOLVE to #RocTheDay through United Way on #GivingTuesday
Support Scratch Bakeshop
- Scratch is partnering with RESOLVE to create sweet treats throughout the month of October where a portion of their proceeds will be donated to RESOLVE
- Go to Scratch Bakeshop website or follow Scratch on social media